This Halloween, make sure that you and your children have a fun and safe Halloween.
Halloween is a great holiday for everyone as we dress up as our favorite characters and spend the night with our friends and family. For our children, they get to go around the neighborhood and collect as much candy as their pillow case can carry. This Halloween, make sure that you and your children spend Halloween safely with these great safety tips.
- Trick-or-Treating Safety Tip
No child under the age of 12 should trick-or-treat without parental supervision. Every child, of course, is different, so if you believe that your kid is responsible enough to go without you, make sure they go with their friends and that they stay within the familiar neighborhood.
- Walking Safety Tips
• Your children should stick to the sidewalks at all times and only cross the streets at a crosswalk. If there are no sidewalks available, tell them to walk on the edge of the road on the side facing traffic (i.e. the left side of the road).
- Costume Safety Tips
• Try and persuade your child to wear something brightly colored as dark colors are practically invisible to drivers.
• If bright colors are not the look they’re going for, there are reflective patches you can attach to their costumes which will become visible when any light from a headlight touches them.
• Additionally, glow sticks make for a great option for visibility. Glow sticks provide your child with visibility and add an ominous and spooky glow to their costume which they’ll appreciate: they’re a win-win.
We at Proforma Construction hope you have a fun (and safe) Halloween! When looking for a general contractor in the Bay Area, we encourage you to contact Proforma Construction. We have a team of professionals who are equipped to meet all of your commercial construction needs and exceed all of your expectations. Whether you need a Pleasanton contractor or have a project in the surrounding California area, we’re here! Call us today to see what our services can do for you.