Here is a delicious recipe on how you can cook your very own garden linguine with ricotta cheese.
Every so often everyone needs a delicious meal that is a break from the everyday. This garden linguine with ricotta cheese dish is the perfect meal to bring some life back into your kitchen. Here is how you can cook this scrumptious meal.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves, plus more leaves for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fresh fava beans, shelled
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peas, shelled
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt (plus more to taste)
- Fill a large stockpot with water and ADD 1 tablespoon of salt, and bring to a boil.
In the meantime, prepare an ice-water bath.
Place the fava beans in a sieve, and lower into the water. Let the water return to a boil and add the blanch beans. Remove the sieve from the water and place these beans into the ice-water bath.
Transfer to a colander and drain. Peel and discard the tough skins; set beans aside.
- Use the same blanching water and sieve, blanch the peas until they are tender or bright green.
Remove the sieve from the water and place the beans in the ice-water bath. Transfer to a colander, drain, and set aside.
- Discard the blanching water and fill the stockpot with fresh water. Bring this new water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, chopped mint, Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
Just before the pasta has finished cooking, add 1 cup of the boiling water to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta, and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the cheese mixture, reserved fava beans, and the peas, as well. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with mint leaves, and enjoy!