Understanding infrastructure project management in construction.
In simple terms, infrastructure project management is the process of supervising infrastructural construction projects. Infrastructure project management requires careful planning, budgeting, and communication to ensure that there are no building delays or budget overruns. Curious to learn more about this type of project management? Then please read on.
Infrastructure Management and Construction Management
While infrastructure project management and construction project management are very similar, there is one major difference. Infrastructure construction projects are usually bigger and more encompassing than typical construction projects. This means that infrastructure management usually requires more extensive planning and stricter oversight.
Common Infrastructure Projects
There is a wide variety of infrastructure construction projects. Some of the most common include the following:
- Roads and highways
- Energy networks
- Telecommunications infrastructure
- Water infrastructure
- Waste management
- Social infrastructure (ex: hospitals and schools)
Understanding the Challenges of Infrastructure Management
Because infrastructure management is so complex and happens on such a wide scale, there is a lot that can go wrong. Some of the most common challenges that project managers face include the following:
- Finding ways to increase project efficiency for the various stakeholders.
- Encouraging open lines of communication both on and off the project site.
- Effectively tracking project progress.
- Facilitating collaboration and communication between all project stakeholders.
- Defining and verifying contractual requirements for the project.
- Checking project status in real-time.
These are some of the important things that you should know about infrastructure project management. Do you have more questions about the commercial construction industry? If so, then contact your Pleasanton contractor at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality.