Celebrate America’s favorite feast day with this Thanksgiving side dish.
With Thanksgiving only days away, it’s time to lock down your dinner menu. Sick of the same old side dishes and interested in trying your hand at something new? Then consider whipping up this delicious spinach and artichoke stuffing as a fun twist on a classic Thanksgiving side dish.
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffing
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 2 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella, divided
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped sage
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Tear or slice bread into cubes and leave out overnight to dry out. (Alternately, place bread on baking sheets and bake at 200º F for 20 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a large baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, spinach, artichoke hearts, and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and herbs and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and cream cheese and bring to a simmer until cream cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Pour bread mixture into a prepared baking dish, making sure it is evenly distributed. Pour over cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake until liquid is evaporated and cheese is melted and golden, 20-25 minutes.
This fun mashup between a classic appetizer and classic Thanksgiving side dish is sure to win some fans this holiday. Are you looking for assistance with your next commercial building project this holiday season? Then turn to the experts at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality. Contact us to get started today.