Celebrate National Pizza Month with this delicious spin on a classic pizza
It’s National Pizza Month and what better way to celebrate than by coming up with some new pizza creations! Want to put a delicious spin on a classic pizza? Then try whipping up this delicious and even healthy vegetable crust pizza!
Zucchini Crust Pizza
- 3 medium zucchinis, or about 4 cups grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- pinch red pepper flakes, for garnish
- basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425º F and line a baking sheet with parchment. On a box grater or in a food processor, grate zucchini. Using cheesecloth or a dish towel, wring excess moisture out of zucchini.
- Transfer zucchini to a large bowl with egg, garlic, oregano, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and cornstarch and season with salt and pepper. Stir until completely combined.
- Transfer “dough” to prepared baking sheet and pat into a crust shape. Bake until golden and dried out, about 25 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust then top with remaining mozzarella and pepperoni. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, about 10 minutes more. Garnish with red pepper flakes and basil.
Try whipping up this delicious spin on a classic pizza this October. Are you looking for assistance with a commercial construction project this month? If so, then turn to the experts at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality. Contact us to get started today.