Try out this recipe in honor of National Soup Month.
January is National Soup Month and what better way to celebrate than by preparing a delicious batch of soup for all your loved ones to enjoy? This month, serve up this hearty, warm, and undeniably tasty recipe in honor of National Soup Month.
Baked Potato Soup
Yields 4 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté butter and garlic. Add in milk and flour. Whisk constantly, until slightly thick, about 5 minutes, then add potatoes and season generously with salt and pepper. Increase heat to a simmer. Cook potatoes until creamy and tender, 25 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and scallions until creamy.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon and garnish with sour cream, scallions, and cheddar.
Prepare this hearty and tasty recipe in honor of National Soup Month. Are you looking for assistance with your commercial construction project this January? If so, then contact the experts at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality.