Historical Renovation & Seismic Retrofit
  • Share this Project
  • Previous Project
  • Next Project
  • Project Detail
  • Project List
  • Close Video

Historical Renovation & Seismic Retrofit

May 14, 2015

The Bank of Italy built in 1921 once served as the Livermore City Hall (now the Independent) and is a California registered historical building since 1978. The work included seismic upgrades, modernization of the HVAC system as well as interior restorations.

The Hive II, designed originally by Julia Morgan, included saving the original front fa├žade of this 5,000 Sf space while adding a 2 story element above and converting the interior space to a restaurant. The developer was Signature Development Group as part of a massive Oakland repurpose project.

Various Locations