Understanding this essential construction process.
In basic terms, construction project management is the process of directing and supervising a construction project from development to completion. The goal of construction project management is ensuring that the finished product has fully satisfied the client’s demands, including functionality and budget. Curious to learn more about this essential process? Then here’s what your Pleasanton contractor has to report.
What are the responsibilities of a construction project manager?
Construction project managers are in charge of planning, coordinating, scheduling, budgeting, and overseeing building projects from start to finish. This means that they have several responsibilities on their plates. For instance, here are some of the things they need to take care of:
- Creating a project budget and negotiating cost estimates
- Arranging work timetables
- Selecting the best construction methods and strategies
- Communicating with clients regarding work or budget issues
- Discussing technical and contract details with involved parties
- Supervising worksite personnel
- Coordinating with building and construction specialists
What are the main functions of construction project management?
While the overall goal of construction project management is making sure that the finished product fulfills the client’s expectations, this can be broken down into smaller categories. The most important functions of construction project management include the following:
- Specifying the project goals and creating a plan that encompasses these goals. This includes scheduling, budgeting, choosing achievement requisites, and hiring project team members.
- Improving project effectiveness and efficiency by hiring the right workers and securing the proper equipment and building materials.
- Coordinating various project operations, including contracting, planning, estimating, design, and construction.
- Facilitating effective communication between involved parties to resolve conflicts and solve problems.
These are the basics of construction project management. Do you have more questions about the commercial construction industry? If so, then contact your Pleasanton contractor at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality.