Celebrate National Sandwich Month with this delicious recipe.
Did you know that August was National Sandwich Month? In honor of this delicious designation, consider serving up a fun sandwich dinner for your family. Tired of the same old turkey and cheese? Then give your sandwich night a Mediterranean twist by whipping up these tasty falafel pita pockets.
(for the falafel)
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
(for the sauce)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. warm water (plus more as needed)
- kosher salt
- chopped Lettuce
- halved cherry tomatoes
- thinly sliced cucumbers
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine chickpeas, garlic, shallot, parsley, cumin, coriander, and flour and season with salt and pepper. Blend until mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Form mixture into falafel balls.
- In a shallow pot, heat 1-inch vegetable oil.
- Fry falafels until golden, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, garlic powder, and warm water. Season with salt.
- Serve falafels in pita with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber and drizzle with sauce.
Try out this delicious recipe in honor of National Sandwich Month! Looking for assistance with your commercial construction project this August? Then make sure you have the right construction experts on your side. For assistance with all your commercial construction needs, contact Profoma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly trained and experienced team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality.