Join OSHA’s Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Program.
Those working in skilled trades, such as commercial construction in the Bay Area, should always have occupational health and safety standards on their minds. But how exactly can you be sure that you are meeting the current standards set by the government? The best way to ensure that you stay up-to-date is by joining OSHA’s Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Program. Here’s what you need to know.
What is it?
According to OSHA, its Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Program (also known as SHARP) acknowledges “small business employers who have used OSHA’s On-Site Consultation Program services and operate exemplary safety and health programs.” In other words, it is a free program that identifies companies who are models of workplace health and safety.
Is my business eligible?
Businesses that are already part of OSHA’s on-site consultation program are eligible for recognition under SHARP. New companies can join the consultation program is they have fewer than 250 employees on-site and fewer than 500 corporate-wide employees.
What are the benefits of joining SHARP?
By achieving SHARP recognition, you will receive the following benefits:
- Worker Protection– SHARP businesses have the opportunity to work with OSHA to develop and implement the best safety protocols for their workers.
- Workplace Culture– By minimizing hazards in the workplace, you can create a better work environment which will also improve employee morale.
- Better Reputation– Companies recognized by SHARP have an easier time attracting new workers and clients alike.
- Savings– Participation in SHARP will reduce your workers compensation insurance premiums.
- Fewer Inspections– Upon joining SHARP, your business will be exempt from OSHA inspections for up to two years.
These are some of the reasons why your construction company should join OSHA’s SHARP. Want to find a certified company to work on your next commercial construction in the Bay Area? If so, then turn to the experts at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality. Contact us to get started today.