Try out this fresh and easy shrimp recipe.
Now that summer is here, the last thing you want to eat is rich, heavy foods. Ready to embrace the light flavors of summertime? Then this spicy grilled lime shrimp with creamy avocado sauce is sure to do the trick. Try out this fresh and easy shrimp recipe today!
Spicy Grilled Lime Shrimp with Creamy Avocado Sauce
(for the shrimp)
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- juice of one large lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
(for the avocado sauce)
- 1 avocado split and pitted
- ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Pour into a resealable bag and add shrimp. Toss to coat and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Put the shrimp on skewers and place on the grill. Grill on each side for about two minutes or until no longer pink.
- To make the creamy avocado cilantro sauce add the avocado, greek yogurt, garlic, lime, and cilantro. Pulse in a food processor until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with shrimp.
This fresh and easy shrimp recipe is sure to be a hit this summer. Are you looking for help with your commercial construction project this summer? If so, then contact your Pleasanton contractor at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality.