Serve up this fun Halloween-inspired meal.
Before your kids set out to collect candy, fill them up with a delicious dinner complete with hidden veggies. This “Toxic Waste” Macaroni and Cheese is a delicious and fun way to serve up a Halloween-inspired meal.
Toxic Waste Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- green food coloring
- 1-pound dry pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, cut and steamed
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk to combine. Simmer, stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and whisk to combine and remove all lumps.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, and mustard, stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until mixture starts to simmer, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the grated cheese. Stir until melted and completely combined.
- Add the drained spinach, stir to combine. Add a few drops of green food coloring if desired.
- Add the drained pasta and stir until completely coated.
- Stir in the steamed cauliflower, and serve immediately.
This delicious and surprisingly nutritious Halloween-inspired meal will impress trick-or-treaters and adults alike. Are you looking for assistance with your commercial construction needs this Halloween? If so, then contact your Pleasanton contractor at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality.