Here are some of the questions that you should include on your construction punch list.
In the world of construction, a punch list is a document that lists all the tasks that need to be completed on a construction project. This document details the project demands, contract requirements, and code specifications that the structure must adhere to. Oftentimes, punch lists are used to guide the entire team through the design and building process to ensure that everyone is on the same page and to verify that all the necessary work is completed on schedule. Because punch lists play such a major role in the construction process, it’s important that your list is detailed and comprehensive. One way to create a better punch list is by including specific questions about the completed work. Here are some of the questions that you should include on your construction punch list.
- Are there any visible tape joints that are missing paint or are not properly sanded down?
- Can you see spots or cracks on any doors or windows?
- Are there any screw heads that have burst through the gypsum board?
- Are there any nail heads that have burst in wood framing?
- Has the painting been completed?
- Do you see any cracked wall tiles?
- Are wall coverings secure at corers and wall ends?
- Do you notice any drywall tape joints?
- Have lighting and ventilation holes been made properly?
- Are there any cracks in the ceiling?
- If there are skylights, have they been properly sealed?
- Are smoke detectors installed and functioning properly?
- Do all phone jacks and electrical outlets work?
- Are all cover plates installed?
- Have all the circuits been properly labeled?
- Is the irrigation clock working properly?
- Is the breaker panel located somewhere accessible?
- Are plumbing fixtures sealed and shred correctly?
- Do you notice any issues with the shut-off valves? Are valves properly installed where there is a water connection?
- If the plumbing in the walls easily accessible?
- Do faucets and toilets work appropriately?
- Do you notice any issues with the water heater?
- Have traps and backflow preventers been installed in drains?
- Have the thermostats been properly installed?
- Is the ductwork properly sealed and insulated?
- Are there any unexpected noises or vibrations when the furnace or air conditioner is in use?
These are some of the questions that you should include on your construction punch list to ensure that it is fully comprehensive. Looking for more strategies to improve your construction projects? If so, then contact your Pleasanton contractor at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality.