Your kids will love these tasty Halloween recipes.
While most people associate Halloween with copious amounts of candy, parents know that eating too much sugar will only end up in a sugar crash and some serious stomachaches. If you would like to offer your kids some goodies that aren’t all processed sugars and fats, then try preparing these tasty Halloween recipes.
- 4 apples
- 1 cup dark-chocolate baking discs or chips
- Parchment paper
- Remove the apple stems and insert the sticks into the top of the apples.
- Melt the dark chocolate baking discs or chips in a double boiler (or just insert metal bowl into a pot of boiling water).
- When the chocolate has melted, dip the apples into it and slowly rotate each apple until all sides are covered in chocolate. Place on a tray lined with parchment or wax paper to set.
- Reduced-fat mozzarella cheese sticks
- Pretzel sticks
- Slice the mozzarella stick across in thirds. Use a knife or scissors to cut a fringe pattern on the lower half of the cheese.
- Insert a pretzel stick into the cheese, making the broomstick. Tie a chive around the top of the stick for extra flavor and garnish.
Garlic-Parmesan Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in one layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Parmesan, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Remove the pumpkin seeds from the oven and carefully transfer to a medium bowl.
- Pour egg white over the pumpkin seeds and stir to coat. Sprinkle Parmesan mixture over the pumpkin seeds; stir to coat.
- Return the pumpkin seeds to the baking sheet; spread in an even layer. Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes more. Cool completely before serving.
These ridiculously easy and tasty Halloween recipes are sure to have your kids snacking on more than just candy this Halloween. Are you looking for assistance with your next commercial construction project this October? If so, then turn to the experts at Proforma Construction. Serving Pleasanton and the surrounding California area, our highly-trained team is ready to make your commercial construction dreams a reality. Contact us to get started today.