Try out this delicious Thanksgiving appetizer recipe that’s sure to delight all your dinner guests!
Still deciding how to kick off your Thanksgiving meal? Then consider whipping up this amazing recipe for sausage stuffed mushrooms. Not only would this make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer, but it would also be a huge hit at your next office pot luck. Trust us; this is a recipe you’ll be making time and time again.
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 extra-large white mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Marsala wine or medium sherry
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casings
- 6 scallions minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2/3 cup panko crumbs
- 5 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely. Set aside. Place the mushroom caps in a shallow bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and Marsala. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, crumbling it with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook the sausage for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until it’s completely browned.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in the scallions and garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the panko crumbs, stirring to combine evenly with all the other ingredients.
- Finally, swirl in the mascarpone and continue cooking until the mascarpone has melted and made the sausage mixture creamy. Off the heat, stir in the parmesan, parsley, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cool slightly.
- Fill each mushroom generously with the sausage mixture. Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish large enough to hold all the mushrooms in a snug single layer. Bake for 50 minutes, until the stuffing is browned and crusty.
This delicious Thanksgiving appetizer is sure to please everyone this holiday! We at Proforma Construction would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. If you are looking for a general contractor in the Bay Area, then contact us. Our team of professionals can help you meet all of your commercial construction goals and exceed all of your expectations. Whether you need a Pleasanton contractor or have a project in the surrounding California area, we’re here! Call us today to see what our services can do for you.